Thinking 2 Think
Socialism: The History and Its Issues
October 04, 2020
Michael Antonio Aponte
In this episode, we examine the history and issues of Socialism, the comparison to Capitalism, and trying to have an understanding to the complexity to it all. Based on the facts that I uncover, ask some questions that you need to answer for yourself regarding the topic as well as my personal opinion.
References (Contact for additional sources):
Support the show
- "World: Europe US banks gave Jewish money to Nazis". BBC News. BBC. February 3, 1999.
- Bukharin, Nikolai (1920). The ABC of Communism. Penguin Books, 1969
- Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels (1848), Manifesto of the Communist Party.
"IAF principles". International of Anarchist Federations. Archived from the original on 5 January 2012. The IAF – IFA fights for : the abolition of all forms of authority whether economical, political, social, religious, cultural or sexual. https://web.archive.org/web/20120105095946/http://www.iaf-ifa.org/principles/english.html
Slevin, Carl. "Anarchism." The Concise Oxford Dictionary of Politics. Ed. Iain McLean and Alistair McMillan. Oxford University Press, 2003.
James, Ian (4 October 2012). "Venezuela vote puts 'Chavismo' to critical test". Yahoo. Archived from the original on 5 December 2014.
de Córdoba, José; Vyas, Kejal (9 December 2012). "Venezuela's Future in Balance". The Wall Street Journal.
- "Nestlé paid $14.6 million for using slave labor". The Independent. 2000-08-28. Archived from the original on 2015-07-03.
- Moskowitz, Sanford L. (2009). "Bayer". In Charles Wankel (ed.). Encyclopedia of Business in Today’s World. SAGE Publications. pp. 126–128.
- Schmid, John; Tribune, International Herald (1999-02-05). "Deutsche Bank Linked To Auschwitz Funding". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331.
- eadon, Glen; Hawkins, John (June 1, 2008). The Nazi Hydra in America: Suppressed History of a Century. Joshua Tree, California: Progressive Press. p. 195. ISBN 9780930852436.
- Edwin Black (2001). IBM and the Holocaust: The Strategic Alliance Between Nazi Germany and America’s Most Powerful Corporation. ISBN 0-316-85769-6.
- Kay, Anthony (2002). German Jet Engine and Gas Turbine Development 1930-1945. Airlife Publishing. ISBN 9781840372946.
Köster, Roman. "Hugo Boss, 1924-1945. A Clothing Factory During the Weimar Republic and Third Reich" https://web.archive.org/web/20111108165733/http://group.hugoboss.com/files/Study_on_the_Companys_History_Abridged_Verson_en_final.pdf
"German industry unveils Holocaust fund". BBC News. 1999-02-16 http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/280475.stm
- Wydra, Harald (September 2012). "The Power of Symbols—Communism and Beyond". International Journal of Politics, Culture, and Society. 25 (1–3): 49–69. doi:10.1007/s10767-011-9116-x. ISSN 0891-4486.
- Riasanovsky, Nichlas V.; Steinberg, Mark D. (2005). A History of Russia (7th ed.). Oxford University Press. ISBN 978-0195153941.